Why Quick Refreshes Make All the Difference
No matter what your style preference is at home, one thing is for sure: Your home should make you feel happy. Yes, organization can go a long way. So can tidying. But the true magic of loving every inch of your home lies in small refreshes. Little things really do go a long way.
According to a TIME article, which discusses the habits of the happiest people in the world, one thing that they all have in common is that they take time to stop and appreciate the little things. From the flowers blooming outside to the warm cup of tea you enjoy before bed, noticing the small things and giving yourself time to soak them in can mean the difference between a happy attitude and, well, one that isn’t.
When you consider how much time you spend in your home, you begin to realize just how interconnected it is to your happiness. By doing little things, like refreshing the pillows on your sofa or changing the pictures in the frames on your wall, you can instantly feel re-inspired, which in turn leads you down that pretty path to happiness.
So what you are some things you can do right now to make your home feel happier?
Here are five ideas to get you started:
- Buy fresh flowers. It may seem cliche, but bringing home fresh flowers and popping them in a vase really can change the whole feel of your home. Whether an entire bouquet, one statement bloom, or sprigs of greenery, you can think of it as living art (and a friendly welcome home).
- Light a candle when you’re home. The combination of aroma and the flicker of the flame instantly relax and calm your mind. Investing in a candle you really love, with a container that looks as pretty lit or unlit, can give you something to look forward to when you wake up or before bed.
- Update and rearrange the pictures on your wall. Like anything, if you don’t give the art and photos in your home attention, they can start to feel stale and dull. By simply moving pictures, or swapping out old prints with new ones, you will start to notice your wall art more, giving you just the thing to stop and admire after a long day.
- Add a pop of color. Bright, bold colors can have an incredibly positive effect on your mood. Although wallpaper and paint can be fun, simple additions, like throw pillows and blankets, can have the same impact.
- Bring your favorite plants indoors (and in unexpected places). “Jungalows” are all the rage right now, and for good reason. Indoor plants not only help to purify your home’s air, but they look great, too. Play with macrame hangers and large palms and trees to see which feels happiest to you. That neglected bathroom of yours? It might be just the spot for a few green friends.
When your home gets refreshed, so does your perspective. Bring some happiness into your home today and see how these small changes really make all the difference.